Quinolones ELISA Kit is a competitive ELISA kit to detect Quinolone antibiotic residues in milk, tissue and other food samples.
Quinolones are a type of antibiotic. Antibiotics kill or inhibit the growth of bacteria. There are five different quinolone classes. In addition, another class of antibiotic, called fluoroquinolones, were derived from quinolones by modifying their structure with fluorine.
The quinolone antibiotics arose in the early 1960s, with the first examples possessing a narrow-spectrum of activity with unfavorable pharmacokinetic properties. Over time, the development of new quinolone antibiotics has led to improved analogues with an expanded spectrum and high efficacy. Nowadays, quinolones are widely used for treating a variety of infections. Quinolones are broad-spectrum antibiotics that are active against both Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, including mycobacteria, and anaerobes. They exert their actions by inhibiting bacterial nucleic acid synthesis through disrupting the enzymes topoisomerase IV and DNA gyrase, and by causing breakage of bacterial chromosomes. However, bacteria have acquired resistance to quinolones, similar to other antibacterial agents, due to the overuse of these drugs. Mechanisms contributing to quinolone resistance are mediated by chromosomal mutations and/or plasmid gene uptake that alter the topoisomerase targets, modify the quinolone, and/or reduce drug accumulation by either decreased uptake or increased efflux.
This ELISA Kit is based on indirect competitive ELISA, the coupled antigen was pre-coated in the microwells, the quinolones will compete for the antibody with the pre-coated antigen, then add HRP enzyme conjugate and TMB substrate successively, the OD value of the sample is negatively correlated with the content of quinolones contained in the sample. The standard curve is fitted by regression and multiplied by the corresponding dilution ratio to obtain the content of quinolones in the sample.
Key facts of the Quinolones ELISA Kit
- Ready to use ELISA kit based on Competitive Immunoassay
- Total time required only 75min
- Highly specific to quinolones antibiotics .
- Applicable for milk, tissue and other food sample
Quinolones ELISA Kit parameters
- Sensitivity: 0.05 ppb, ng/ml
- Stability: 12 months when stored properly
- Accuracy: 80%-120%
Quinolones ELISA Kit components
- Precoated microwell, 96wells
- Quinolones standard series, 0.05 - 100 ng/ml
- Enzyme conjugate
- TMB Substrate
- Stop solution (not available when shipping by air)
- Sample buffer
- Wash buffer
For more information about the Quinolones ELISA kit, please feel free to contact us.
Further readings on Quinolones and Quinolones testing:
- Pham, T., Ziora, Z. M., & Blaskovich, M. (2019). Quinolone antibiotics. MedChemComm, 10(10), 1719–1739. https://doi.org/10.1039/c9md00120d
- Fàbrega, Anna, et al. "Quinolone resistance in the food chain." International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents 31.4 (2008): 307-315.
- Ramos, Macarena, et al. "Simple and sensitive determination of five quinolones in food by liquid chromatography with fluorescence detection." Journal of Chromatography B 789.2 (2003): 373-381.