Bovine IgG ELISA kit is a sandwich ELISA kit to detect bovine immunoglobulin G (IgG) in milk, milk powder, etc.
Bovine milk contains many components that have immunomodulatory and antimicrobial properties. Bovine immunoglobulins (bIg), in particular bovine IgG, have been studied since the 1970's for their potential effects on immunity and infection in humans. Bovine IgG can not only bind to a wide range of pathogenic bacteria and viruses , but also to many allergens. As an important nutrient, bovine IgG is also a quality indicator of bovine colostrum.
This ELISA Kit is based on double antibody sandwich ELISA. A bovine IgG specific monoclonal antibody is pre-coated in the microwells, then IgG standard or Sample is added and form antibody-IgG complex, free IgG or sample will be removed after washing step, then HRP-IgG specific antibody is added to combine with the IgG captured on the wells. After washing, TMB substrate is added, the OD value of the sample is positively correlated to IgG in sample. A standard curve is plotted by regression and multiplied by the corresponding dilution factor to calculate IgG concentration in the sample.
Key facts of the Bovine IgG ELISA kit
- Ready to use ELISA kit based on sandwich Immunoassay
- Total time required only 75min
- Highly specific to bovine IgG
- Applicable for both milk and milk powder
Bovine IgG ELISA Kit parameters
|Product name||Bovine IgG ELISA Kit|
|Principle||Sandwich antibody immunoassay|
|Specificy||100% to bovine IgG, no cross reactions with other bovine proteins|
|Sensitivity||0.02 mg/L (ppm)|
|Shelf-life||12 months when stored properly|
|Storage||2-8 oC in cool dark place|
Bovine IgG ELISA Kit Components
- Precoated microwell, 96wells
- bovine IgG standard series, 0.02 ppm - 8 ppm
- Enzyme conjugate
- TMB Substrate
- Stop solution (not available when shipping by air)
- Sample buffer
- Wash buffer
For more information about the kit, please feel free to contact us.
- Ulfman LH, Leusen JHW, Savelkoul HFJ, Warner JO, van Neerven RJJ. Effects of Bovine Immunoglobulins on Immune Function, Allergy, and Infection. Front Nutr. 2018;5:52. Published 2018 Jun 22. doi:10.3389/fnut.2018.00052
- Korhonen H, Marnila P, Gill HS. Bovine milk antibodies for health. Br J Nutr. 2000 Nov;84 Suppl 1:S135-46. doi: 10.1017/s0007114500002361. PMID: 11242458.