This FPV FHV FCV IgG antibody ELISA Kit is based on an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay to detect specific antibodies of the 3 viral diseases in feline serum and plasma. This kit is also named Feline RCP 3AB ELISA.
Feline calicivirus, feline herpesvirus, and feline panleukopenia virus are the most common viruses that cause infections in cats, which are prevented by vaccination. The current ELISA kit is based on indirect enzyme linked immunosorbent assay to detect the specific antibodies of the 3 virus in cat serum or plasma. The result is specific and accurate, and can be used to help the vet to monitor the vaccine antibody level in pets. If the serum antibody titer is lower, extra vaccination shall be performance to protect the animal.
For example, VANGUARD® FELINE RCP (FHV1, FCV, FPV vaccine) from Zoetis is a commerical vaccine, it is for vaccination of healthy cats 12 weeks of age or older against feline herpesvirus-1 (FHV), feline calicivirus (FCV), feline panleukopenia (FPV). Usually after vaccination, blood antibody titer needs to be checked to confirm it is enough to protect the cats against these pathogens.
Key facts of the FPV FHV FCV IgG antibody ELISA Kit
- Ready to use kits for lab staff
- Test kit to monitor serum antibody of cats
- Using ELISA reader to produce accurate result
- Result visible in 60min
Application of the FPV FHV FCV IgG antibody ELISA Kit
This kit shall be used to test feline herpesvirus-1 (FHV), feline calicivirus (FCV), feline panleukopenia (FPV) specific antibodies in feline serum and plasma.
FPV FHV FCV IgG antibody ELISA Kit Components
- Precoated microtiter plate, 96wells
- Negative control
- Positive control
- Enzyme conjugate
- 20xWash buffer
- Sample buffer
- Stop solution
- Kit manual
Note: this kit shall be performed by veterinary professionals. Not for household or individual use. The result shall be considered together with clinical practice.
- DiGangi, B. A., Gray, L. K., Levy, J. K., Dubovi, E. J., & Tucker, S. J. (2011). Detection of protective antibody titers against feline panleukopenia virus, feline herpesvirus-1, and feline calicivirus in shelter cats using a point-of-care ELISA. Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery, 13(12), 912-918.
- Schultz, R. D., Thiel, B., Mukhtar, E., Sharp, P., & Larson, L. J. (2010). Age and long-term protective immunity in dogs and cats. Journal of comparative pathology, 142, S102-S108.
- Zoetis, Vanguard Feline RCP Product Information Page, access date, Jan, 2022.
- Zoetis Learning Center, Zoetis Petcare Website.