Newcastle disease (ND) is a highly contagious and often severe disease found worldwide that affects birds including domestic poultry. It is caused by virulent strains of avian paramyxovirus type 1. The disease appears in three forms: lentogenic or mild, mesogenic or moderate and velogenic or very virulent, also called Newcastle disease. The lentogenic strains are very widespread but cause few disease outbreaks. It usually presents as a respiratory disease, but depression, nervous manifestations, or diarrhoea may be the predominant clinical form. This Newcastle disease virus Real-time RT-PCR kit is used to detect Newcastle disease virus.
Key facts of Newcastle disease virus Real-time RT-PCR kit
- No toxic organic solvent required.
- High recovery of nucleic acid.
- Extraction in 30min.
Newcastle disease virus Real-time RT-PCR Kit Components
||NDV reaction solution
Prevention and control
When the disease appears in a previously disease free area, a stamping out policy is practiced in most countries. This includes:
- strict isolation or quarantine of outbreaks
- humane destruction of all infected and exposed birds （WOAH Terrestrial Animal Health Code）
- thorough cleaning and disinfection of premises
- proper carcass disposal （WOAH Terrestrial Animal Health Code）
- pest control in flocks
- depopulation followed by 21 days without poultry before restocking
- avoidance of contact with birds of unknown health status
- control of access to poultry farms.
WOAH, newcastle disease