This Spiramycin rapid test kit is for the rapid detection of Spiramycin in milk and milk powder samples. The detection limit is 3 - 8 mg/kg, the detection time is 10min.
Background information of Spiramycin
Spiramycin is a macrolide antibiotic used for the treatment and control of a number of bacterial and mycoplasmal infections in animals. It is available as a spiramycin embonate for use in animal feed, and as the adipate, a more soluble form, for administration by other routes.
According to Ceva product information, spiramycin can be used in the following applications,
Diseases caused by spiramycin susceptible bacteria.
- Respiratory diseases,
- Interdigital necrobacillosis (foul in the foot).
Treatment of mastitis.
Spiramycin Rapid Test Kit Facts
- Ready to use kits for farmers, truck drivers, etc
- No incubation required
- Result visible in less than 10min
- Rapid assay with high-specificity to benzoic acid
Spiramycin Rapid Test Kit Components
- Spiramycin Rapid Test Strip, 96pcs
- Microwell reagent, 96wells
- Plastic Pipette, 96pcs
The detection limit of Spiramycin Rapid Test Kit
- Spiramycin : 3 - 8 ng/g, please always check the kit insert for details.
- Sutter HM, Engeli J, Müller P, Schneider B, Riond JL, Warner M. Pharmacokinetics and bioavailability of spiramycin in pigs. Vet Rec. 1992;130(23):510-513. doi:10.1136/vr.130.23.510
- ScienceDirect, Spiramycin topic page, https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/agricultural-and-biological-sciences/spiramycin
- Ceva product, Spirovet / Spiramycin, used for treatment of mastitis, https://www.thepigsite.com/focus/ceva/4142/ceva-spirovet