This Canine Parvovirus IgG Antibody ELISA Kit is based on an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay to detect Canine Parvovirus specific antibodies in canine serum and plasma, moreover, it can be used in the supervision of vaccine antibody levels in dogs.
Canine parvovirus (also referred to as CPV, CPV2, or parvo) is a contagious virus mainly affecting dogs. CPV is highly contagious and is spread from dog to dog by direct or indirect contact with their feces. Vaccines can prevent this infection, but mortality can reach 91% in untreated cases. Treatment often involves veterinary hospitalization. Canine parvovirus often infects other mammals including foxes, wolves, cats, and skunks
Key facts of the Canine Parvovirus IgG antibody ELISA kit
- Ready to use kits for lab staff
- No special instrument required
- Result visible in 60min
Application of the Canine Parvovirus IgG antibody ELISA kit
This kit shall be used to test canine parvovirus-specific antibodies in canine serum and plasma.
Canine Parvovirus IgG antibody ELISA kit Components
- Precoated microtiter plate, 96wells
- Negative control
- Positive control
- Enzyme conjugate
- 20xWash buffer
- Sample buffer
- Stop solution
- Kit manual
- Goddard, A., & Leisewitz, A. L. (2010). Canine parvovirus. Veterinary Clinics: Small Animal Practice, 40(6), 1041-1053.
- Litster, A. L., Pressler, B., Volpe, A., & Dubovi, E. (2012). Accuracy of a point-of-care ELISA test kit for predicting the presence of protective canine parvovirus and canine distemper virus antibody concentrations in dogs. The Veterinary Journal, 193(2), 363-366.