Tylosin and tilmicosin are both macrolide antibiotics that are used in veterinary medicine. They have a broad spectrum of activity against Gram-positive bacteria and some Gram-negative bacteria. Tilmicosin is a derivative of tylosin that has a dimethylpiperidine moiety in place of the aldehyde. They are both used to treat respiratory infections in cattle, swine, and poultry. They also have anti-inflammatory properties by modulating the production of nitric oxide, prostaglandin E2, and cytokines.
The European Medicines Agency has established MRLs of 200 μg/kg for tylosin and 50 μg/kg for tilmicosin in chicken eggs.
This Egg tylosin & tilmicosin Rapid Test Kit is used to detect Nitroimidazoles drug residues in eggs, test time 10min, no organic solvents required. easy and fast, detection limit meets EU, China MRLs.
Key facts of the Egg tylosin & tilmicosin Rapid Test Kit
- Ready to use kits for lab staff.
- No organic solvent required.
- Result visible in 10min.
- Specific to tylosin & tilmicosin.
Detection Limit of the tylosin & tilmicosin Rapid Test Kit
3-5ppb for tylosin and 6-8ppb for tilmicosin, this detection limit may change, please refer to the kit insert.
- Tylosin & tilmicosin Test Strip, 48pcs
- Tylosin & tilmicosin reagent, 48wells
- Plastic Pipette, 48pcs
- Sample buffer, 7ml, 1pc
Materials required but not provided.
- Micropipette, 20-200ul
- Flask, 200ml
- Egg samples shall be homogenized before testing. Basically, eggs are broken into a disposable cup or beaker and thoroughly stirred with glass rod. Egg whites and egg yolk should be thoroughly mixed as a test sample, then further dilute with egg diluent (1:1).
- For example, 100ul egg sample, mixing with 100ul sample buffer.
- Take the diluted sample for testing.
More information about tylosin & tilmicosin