Nitroimidazoles are a class of antibiotics that have remarkable broad-spectrum activity against parasites, mycobacteria, and anaerobic bacteria1. They are believed to inhibit DNA synthesis. Some examples of nitroimidazoles drugs are metronidazole and tinidazole3. Nitroimidazoles have been used as growth promoters in food-producing animals, but they have been banned in many countries due to their genotoxic, carcinogenic and mutagenic effects. In the US, extra use of nitroimidazoles is prohibited in food-producing animals.
The current Egg Nitroimidazoles Rapid Test Kit is based on competitive immunoassay to detect Nitroimidazoles drug residues in eggs, test time 10min, no organic solvents required. easy and fast, detection limit meets EU, China MRLs.
Key facts of the Egg Nitroimidazoles Rapid Test Kit
- Ready to use kits for lab staff.
- No organic solvent required.
- Result visible in 10min.
- broad spectrum specificity to Nitroimidazoles.
Detection Limit of the Egg Nitroimidazoles Rapid Test Kit
5-50ppb depending on different drugs, this detection limit may change, please refer to the kit insert.
- Nitroimidazoles Test Strip, 48pcs
- Nitroimidazoles reagent, 48wells
- Plastic Pipette, 48pcs
- Sample buffer, 7ml, 1pc
Materials required but not provided.
- Micropipette, 20-200ul
- Flask, 200ml
- Egg samples shall be homogenized before testing. Basically, eggs are broken into a disposable cup or beaker and thoroughly stirred with glass rod. Egg whites and egg yolk should be thoroughly mixed as a test sample, then further dilute with egg diluent (1:1).
- For example, 100ul egg sample, mixing with 100ul sample buffer.
- Take the diluted sample for testing.
More information about Nitroimidazoles