Cephalosporins are a class of antibiotics that are commonly used in the poultry industry to treat bacterial infections in birds. They are effective against a wide range of bacteria, including gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria.
Cephalosporins are administered to poultry in various forms, including injections, oral medications, and water additives. They are used to treat a variety of bacterial infections, including respiratory infections, skin infections, and gastrointestinal infections.
However, the use of cephalosporins in poultry has been a topic of controversy in recent years, as there is concern that their widespread use could contribute to the development of antibiotic-resistant bacteria. In response to this concern, the FDA has implemented regulations to limit the use of cephalosporins in poultry, including a ban on the use of certain cephalosporins for growth promotion in poultry.
The current Cefalexin rapid test kit is based on competitive immunoassay to detect Cefalexin drug residues in eggs, test time 10min, no organic solvents required. easy and fast, detection limit meets EU, China MRLs.
Key facts of the Egg Cefalexin Rapid Test Kit
- Ready to use kits for lab staff.
- No organic solvent required.
- Result visible in 10min.
- Specific to Cefalexin.
Detection Limit of the Egg Cefalexin Rapid Test Kit
3-5ppb, this detection limit may change, please refer to the kit insert.
- Cefalexin Test Strip, 48pcs
- Microwell reagent, 48wells
- Plastic Pipette, 48pcs
- Sample buffer, 7ml, 1pc
Materials required but not provided.
- Micropipette, 20-200ul
- Flask, 200ml
- Egg samples shall be homogenized before testing. Basically, eggs are broken into a disposable cup or beaker and thoroughly stirred with glass rod. Egg whites and egg yolk should be thoroughly mixed as a test sample, then further dilute with egg diluent (1:1).
- For example, 100ul egg sample, mixing with 100ul sample buffer.
- Take the diluted sample for testing.
Other applications of Ringbio Cefalexin Rapid Test Kit