This Feline Herpesvirus IgG Antibody ELISA Kit is based on an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay to detect herpesvirus specific antibodies in feline serum and plasma, moreover, it can be used in the supervision of FHV vaccine antibody levels in cats.
Herpesvirus infection, also known as feline viral rhinotracheitis (FVR), is an infectious disease caused by feline herpesvirus type-1. As with other herpes viruses, the virus is very species specific, and is only known to cause infections in domestic and wild cats. The virus can infect cats of all ages.
FVR is a major cause of upper respiratory disease in cats, and is the most common cause of conjunctivitis (inflammation of the tissues surrounding the eye, especially the lining of the lids and the third eyelid).
Key facts of the Feline Herpesvirus IgG Antibody ELISA Kit
- Ready to use kits for lab staff
- No special instrument required
- Result visible in 60min
Application of the Feline Herpesvirus IgG Antibody ELISA Kit
This kit shall be used to test FHV-specific antibodies in feline serum and plasma.
Feline Herpesvirus IgG Antibody ELISA Kit Components
- Precoated microtiter plate, 96wells
- Negative control
- Positive control
- Enzyme conjugate
- 20xWash buffer
- Sample buffer
- Stop solution
- Kit manual
- Maggs, D. J., Lappin, M. R., & Nasisse, M. P. (1999). Detection of feline herpesvirus-specific antibodies and DNA in aqueous humor from cats with or without uveitis. American journal of veterinary research, 60(8), 932–936.
- Dawson, D. A., Carman, J., Collins, J., Hill, S., & Lappin, M. R. (1998). Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for detection of feline herpesvirus 1 IgG in serum, aqueous humor, and cerebrospinal fluid. Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation, 10(4), 315-319.