This Feline Calicivirus IgG Antibody ELISA Kit is based on an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay to detect Calicivirus specific antibodies in feline serum and plasma, moreover, it can be used in the supervision of FCV vaccine antibody levels in cats.
Feline calicivirus is a virus that is an important cause of upper respiratory infections and oral disease in cats. This virus infects cats throughout the world and can cause disease in both domestic and exotic cat species. Although several different viruses and bacteria can cause respiratory disease in cats, calicivirus is one of the more common infectious agents isolated in cats with a respiratory infection. Information about some other infectious agents that can cause an upper respiratory infection in cats can be found in "Feline Upper Respiratory Infection".
Key facts of the Feline Calicivirus IgG Antibody ELISA Kit
- Ready to use kits for lab staff
- No special instrument required
- Result visible in 60min
Application of the Feline Calicivirus IgG Antibody ELISA Kit
This kit shall be used to test FCV-specific antibodies in feline serum and plasma.
Feline Calicivirus IgG Antibody ELISA Kit Components
- Precoated microtiter plate, 96wells
- Negative control
- Positive control
- Enzyme conjugate
- 20xWash buffer
- Sample buffer
- Stop solution
- Kit manual
- Bergmann, M., Speck, S., Rieger, A., Truyen, U., & Hartmann, K. (2019). Antibody Response to Feline Calicivirus Vaccination in Healthy Adult Cats. Viruses, 11(8), 702. https://doi.org/10.3390/v11080702
- Cubillos-Zapata, C., Angulo, I., Almanza, H. et al. Precise location of linear epitopes on the capsid surface of feline calicivirus recognized by neutralizing and non-neutralizing monoclonal antibodies. Vet Res 51, 59 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1186/s13567-020-00785-x