This colistin rapid test kit is a 10min rapid test to detect colistin in milk, meat, egg, etc. It is fast, sensitive and accurate.
Colistin, also known as polymyxin E, is an antibiotic medication used as a last-resort treatment for multidrug-resistant Gram-negative infections including pneumonia. These may involve bacteria such as Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Klebsiella pneumoniae, or Acinetobacter.
Colistin is a decades-old drug that fell out of favor in human medicine due to its kidney toxicity, which is effective against most Gram-negative bacilli. The detection limit of this colistin rapid test kit can meet both European and USA MRLs when use properly.
Key facts of the Colistin Rapid Test kit
- Ready to use kits for farmers, truck drivers, etc
- No incubation required
- Result visible in less than 10min
- High-specific to colistin
Detection Limit of the Colistin Rapid Test Kit
10ppb, this detection limit may change, please refer to the kit insert.
Colistin Rapid Test Kit Components
- Colistin Test Strip, 96pcs
- Microwell reagent, 96wells
- Plastic Pipette, 96pcs
- Colistin reagent, 96wells
Note: meat, honey, egg samples may require pre-treatment.
Certificate Or Validation
- YuLi, Shusheng Tang, Wanjun Zhang et al. "A surface-enhanced Raman scattering-based lateral flow immunosensor for colistin in raw milk." Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical (2019).
- Kumar, H., Valko, M., Alomar, S. Y., Alwasel, S. H., Cruz-Martins, N., Kuča, K., & Kumar, D. (2022). Electrochemical immunosensor for the detection of colistin in chicken liver. 3 Biotech, 12(9), 1-11.
Further reading on colistin
- Cai, Y., Lee, W., & Kwa, A. L. (2015). Polymyxin B versus colistin: an update. Expert review of anti-infective therapy, 13(12), 1481–1497. https://doi.org/10.1586/14787210.2015.1093933
- Nagy, Á., Székelyhidi, R., Hanczné Lakatos, E., & Kapcsándi, V. (2021). Review on the occurrence of the mcr-1 gene causing colistin resistance in cow's milk and dairy products. Heliyon, 7(4), e06800. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.heliyon.2021.e06800