The current Meloxicam rapid test kit is based on lateral flow rapid test technology to detect Meloxicam residue in milk. It is rapid, accurate and sensitive. The detection limit meets EU, China and USA MRLs.
Meloxicam, sold under the brand name Mobic among others, is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug used to treat pain and inflammation in rheumatic diseases and osteoarthritis. It is used by mouth or by injection into a vein. It is recommended that it be used for as short a period as possible and at a low dose. In both the European Union and Canada, meloxicam has been approved for use in lactating dairy cattle as a methodology for pain control.
Key facts of the Meloxicam rapid test kit
- Ready to use kits for farmers, truck drivers, etc
- No incubation required
- Result visible in 10min
- Immunoassay with high-specificity to Meloxicam
- EU MRL / US MRL can be met in different specifications
Detection limit of the Meloxicam rapid test kit
1-2 ppb, this product utilizes the high-affinity antibodies against Meloxicam, which can easily identify these potentially hazardous substances in milk without any instrument. Please always refer to the kit instruction manual for the latest detection limit. The above LOD is only for reference.
- Meloxicam Rapid Test Strip, 96pcs
- Microwell reagent, 96wells
- Plastic Pipette, 96pcs
- Newby, N. C., Pearl, D. L., Leblanc, S. J., Leslie, K. E., von Keyserlingk, M. A., & Duffield, T. F. (2013). Effects of meloxicam on milk production, behavior, and feed intake in dairy cows following assisted calving. Journal of dairy science, 96(6), 3682–3688. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.2012-6214
- Newby, N. C., Renaud, D., Tremblay, R., & Duffield, T. F. (2014). Evaluation of the effects of treating dairy cows with meloxicam at calving on retained fetal membranes risk. The Canadian veterinary journal = La revue veterinaire canadienne, 55(12), 1196–1199.