The Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus Real-time PCR Kit uses Taqman real-time fluorescent probe technology to detect the PEDV gene in the small intestine, intestinal contents, porcine small intestine and mesenteric lymph nodes.
TGEV and PEDV are porcine coronaviruses with typical coronavirus virion structures and replication cycles. Both viruses cause diarrhea in pigs with similar clinical symptoms. Disease severity is inversely related to the age of animals. While TGEV infections are currently under control, recent emergence of virulent PEDV strains results in significant mortality. No effective treatments are available once animals are infected. Detection of viral antigen and/or genomic RNA is required for diagnosis. Prevention measures include enhanced biosecurity and vaccination with the latter being the most effective approach. Commercial vaccines for both viruses are available and numerous experimental vaccines are in development.
Key facts of this Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus Real-time PCR Kit
- Ready to use kits for veterinary labs
- No special instrument required
- Only less than 60min to get the result
- Low cost with high sensitivity
Performance of the Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus Real-time PCR Kit
The Porcine Transmissible gastroenteritis Virus Real-time PCR Kit uses Taqman real-time fluorescent probe technology to detect the porcine infectious gastroenteritis virus (TGEV) gene in the small intestine, intestinal contents, mesenteric lymph nodes.
Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus Real-time PCR Kit Components
- Negative Control
- Positive Control
- Enzyme Mix
- Sample buffer
- Jung, K., Saif, L. J., & Wang, Q. (2020). Porcine epidemic diarrhea virus (PEDV): An update on etiology, transmission, pathogenesis, and prevention and control. Virus research, 286, 198045. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.virusres.2020.198045
- Liu, Q., & Gerdts, V. (2021). Transmissible Gastroenteritis Virus of Pigs and Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus (Coronaviridae). Encyclopedia of Virology, 850–853. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-809633-8.20928-X