Limiting the intake of nitrite and nitrate is necessary because of the toxicity of these anions. These anions in high amounts were linked with toxicological problems as: methemoglobinaemia. Currently, the conventional determination of nitrate and nitrite is done by colorimetric assay, ion chromatography, etc. This nitrate rapid test strip is a new paper based rapid assay to detect nitrate in milk, milk powder and other liquid sample. It is fast, sensitive and specific.
Key facts of the Nitrate Rapid Test Strip
- Ready to use test strip
- No extra instrument needed
- Result available in less than minutes
- Applicable for milk and milk powder, water, etc.
||Nitrate Rapid Test Strip
||milk, water, etc
10 - 500mg/L, qualitative testing
||2- 30 oC or 2-8 oC
Detection Limit of the Nitrate rapid test strip
10 - 500 mg/L, please check the kit instruction for details or contact us directly.
How to use this Nitrate rapid test kit
The detection of samples is very easy. The milk powder sample needs to be dissolved before testing.
Basically, take the liquid test sample into a small container and dip the rapid test strip with the immersed end into the sample, then observe the test result in 20 seconds.
Nitrate rapid test strip Kit Components
- Nitrate Rapid Test Strip, 50pcs
- Kit instruction manual, 1 set
Materials required but not provided
- Chamandust, S., Mehrasebi, M. R., Kamali, K., Solgi, R., Taran, J., Nazari, F., & Hosseini, M. J. (2016). Simultaneous determination of nitrite and nitrate in milk samples by ion chromatography method and estimation of dietary intake. International Journal of food properties, 19(9), 1983-1993.
- Lima, M. R., Fernandes, S. M., & Rangel, A. O. (2006). Determination of nitrate and nitrite in dairy samples by sequential injection using an in-line cadmium-reducing column. International dairy journal, 16(12), 1442-1447.