Lead ions rapid test kit
Lead is a chemical element with the symbol Pb (from the Latin plumbum) and atomic number 82. It is a heavy metal that is denser than most common materials. Lead is soft and malleable, and also has a relatively low melting point. When freshly cut, lead is silvery with a hint of blue; it tarnishes to a dull gray color when exposed to air. Lead has the highest atomic number of any stable element and three of its isotopes are endpoints of major nuclear decay chains of heavier elements.
Lead can cause severe damage to the brain and kidneys and, ultimately, death. By mimicking calcium, lead can cross the blood–brain barrier. It degrades the myelin sheaths of neurons, reduces their numbers, interferes with neurotransmission routes, and decreases neuronal growth. In the human body, lead inhibits porphobilinogen synthase and ferrochelatase, preventing both porphobilinogen formation and the incorporation of iron into protoporphyrin IX, the final step in heme synthesis. This causes ineffective heme synthesis and microcytic anemia.
Lead ions rapid test kit key facts
- Ready to use kits for farmers, truck drivers, etc
- No incubation required
- Result visible in less than 10min
- Receptor assay with broad-specificity to lead ions, no cross-reactions were observed with other heavy metals.
Lead ions rapid test kit Components
- Lead ions rapid test strips, 96pcs
- Microwell reagent, 96wells
- Plastic Pipette, 96pcs
Detection Limit of Lead ions rapid test kit
More on lead ions and the related testing
- Wikipedia, Lead page
- Mandappa, I. M., Ranjini, A., Haware, D. J., & Manonmani, H. K. (2014). Immunoassay for lead ions: analysis of spiked food samples. Journal of immunoassay & immunochemistry, 35(1), 1–11. https://doi.org/10.1080/15321819.2013.774817
- Kuang, Hua; Xing, Changrui; Hao, Changlong; Liu, Liqiang; Wang, Libing; Xu, Chuanlai. 2013. Rapid and Highly Sensitive Detection of Lead Ions in Drinking Water Based on a Strip Immunosensor, Sensors 13, no. 4: 4214-4224. https://doi.org/10.3390/s130404214