This Feline panleukopenia IgG Antibody ELISA Kit is based on an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay to detect panleukopenia virus (also known as feline parvovirus ) specific antibodies in feline serum and plasma, moreover, it can be used in the supervision of FCV vaccine antibody levels in cats.
Feline panleukopenia (FP) is a highly contagious viral disease of cats caused by the feline parvovirus. Kittens are most severely affected by the virus. The names feline distemper and feline parvo should not be confused with canine distemper or canine parvo— although their names are similar, they are caused by different viruses. The viruses do not infect people. The feline parvovirus infects and kills cells that are rapidly growing and dividing, such as those in the bone marrow, intestines, and the developing fetus.
Key facts of the Feline panleukopenia IgG Antibody ELISA Kit
- Ready to use kits for lab staff
- No special instrument required
- Result visible in 60min
Application of the Feline panleukopenia IgG Antibody ELISA Kit
This kit shall be used to test FPV-specific antibodies in feline serum and plasma.
Feline panleukopenia IgG Antibody ELISA Kit Components
- Precoated microtiter plate, 96wells
- Negative control
- Positive control
- Enzyme conjugate
- 20xWash buffer
- Sample buffer
- Stop solution
- Kit manual
- Bergmann, M., Speck, S., Rieger, A., Truyen, U., & Hartmann, K. (2019). Antibody Response to Feline Calicivirus Vaccination in Healthy Adult Cats. Viruses, 11(8), 702. https://doi.org/10.3390/v11080702
- Cubillos-Zapata, C., Angulo, I., Almanza, H. et al. Precise location of linear epitopes on the capsid surface of feline calicivirus recognized by neutralizing and non-neutralizing monoclonal antibodies. Vet Res 51, 59 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1186/s13567-020-00785-x